Monday, March 7, 2011

All About ME! (Venting)

I feel like I have entered a new stage of understanding and enlightenment in the last year. Things that I may have listed highly before have found their way at the bottom of the pile. People I valued before have been reduced, or in some cases eliminated, from my life. In short, things have changed.

One of the things that I am finding myself having less and less patience for is selfishness. We all have moments of self-absorption, which is understandable. The level of selfish I am talking about involves those who have no concern beyond their own well-being consistently and make it known at every opportunity.

We all know at least one chronic commiseration agent amongst us. This is the guy who can relate to EVERY story you tell and can one up your version. It's the girl who has to be heard and will go to any lengths to ensure that this happens. It's the one "friend" that we have that has no suspicion that you are not listening to them drone on about some inconsequential event in their life. It's the person that gets pissy because you refuse to coddle them into a false sense of security when they are obviously on the wrong path.

It amazes me that some people expect that the world should be delivered to their feet without any consequence or sacrifice on their end. I've come to realize that the unhappiest people in the world are those that do not know how to give. Sure, it sounds good to run down your resume and all of your past volunteer opportunities, but what do you do for others on a DAILY basis just because? Do you give to get or give to give?

I'm gonna take a chance and say that God doesn't advocate letting people run over you just to get more jewels in your heavenly crown. Enough is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment